Our Commercial Real Estate Projects
- Building Type
- Government Development Projects The Boyer Company greatly values its long-standing relationship with Municipal, State, and Federal Government entities, which has been strengthened through both the development process and the long-term management of facilities occupied by Government employees. Over the firm’s history, The Boyer Company has successfully delivered 18 build-to-suit leased facilities on behalf of Government entities, totaling in excess of 1,900,000 square feet. The Boyer Company has assembled a team of development professionals with the experience and expertise to provide the flexibility necessary to deliver a project in a timely manner while complying with government statutes and protecting the interests of the taxpayer. Our experience partnering with cities, universities, and the Federal Government has resulted in the delivery of nine research & development buildings, two health care/surgical centers, two regional office headquarters buildings, a public-private downtown 1,210 stall parking structure, and a 1,118-acre industrial park.
- Industrial Development Projects
Industrial Complex Real Estate DevelopmentThe Boyer Company has delivered in excess of 14 million square feet of new warehouse, logistics, food processing, and manufacturing space in the Intermountain West. This experience has allowed a deep understanding of the evolving design and space utilization trends in the industrial market, and the construction delivery techniques that results in minimized delivery times, reduced costs, and guaranteed delivery of high quality, best value buildings to the tenant. Through actual project experience with valued customers such as Home Depot, Verde Logistics, Scott USA, Pacific Steel, and ARUP Laboratories, the Boyer Company maintains the capacity, knowledge, and capability to deliver large, complex industrial facilities for Fortune 500 and local companies alike. The Boyer Company’s large-scale industrial development experience is highlighted as the master developer of the Business Depot Ogden BDO Industrial Park in Ogden, Utah. This premier business and industrial park has over 12.5 million square feet of warehousing, manufacturing, and office space sitting on a sprawling 1,118 acres. As the result of an innovative partnership between the City of Ogden and The Boyer Company, BDO has undergone an infrastructure transformation that includes upgrades to roads, telecommunications, parking, water, sewer, and electrical grid. BDO now is home to over 130 unique businesses with 6,500+ employees on site. Current and notable Boyer industrial projects include Boise Gateway in Boise, Idaho; 111 Commerce Center in West Joran, Utah; Lakeview Commerce Center in Grantsville, Utah; and Gateway East in Mesa, Arizona.
- Medical Development Projects The development of healthcare properties is a foundation of The Boyer Company’s history and a prominent focus of the company today. The Boyer Company began developing medical facilities in the mid-1970s. Since 1978, Boyer has developed over 6.5 million square feet of medical office and research-related space for clients throughout the United States.
Medical Real Estate DevelopmentBoyer has finalized transactions with hundreds of medical providers and maintains an overall portfolio occupancy base of 97%, and over 87% of the firm’s new work is repeat business. Boyer is a preferred development partner for many of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations. The types of space developed include medical office, hospital, outpatient, surgical center, imaging, research, and inpatient rehabilitation facilities. Projects range from a small single-tenant imaging center to a multi-phased genetic research lab complex. Boyer’s success has been forged through a commitment to quality, fairness, and flexibility that is required to deliver these sensitive and complex facilities. Much of the healthcare-focused work is with long-term clients. Recent clients include HCA, Iasis, Advanced Healthcare, Myriad Genetics, and ARUP. The Boyer Company understands the unique nature of healthcare development and offers physician participation options.
- Office Building Projects The Boyer Company, founded and headquartered in Salt Lake City, is one of the largest full-service real estate development firms in the Western United States. Boyer has been developing and managing commercial real estate since the company’s inception in 1972. The company’s project managers have since developed over 13 million square feet of office space. The Boyer Company specializes in long-term management and employs experienced and dedicated property managers. Boyer has successfully developed projects that show innovative and strong environmental stewardship for the time and area they were constructed in.
Land for Office Space DevelopmentThe Boyer Company greatly values its long-standing relationship with various corporations. The Boyer Company has successfully delivered numerous corporate build-to-suit facilities to clients such as 3-M, Fidelity Investments, Jet, Tesla, Skullcandy, Podium, Novell, IBM, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase, Aetna, and many others. Vista Station showcases Boyer’s expertise in large-scale, master-planned office development. Vista Station is a joint venture project in Draper, Utah, with over one million square feet of new office space integrated into a cohesive branded park with excellent infrastructure and transportation options. Another notable project is the Freedom Financial development in Tempe, Arizona. This project has over 500,000 square feet of class A office space with excellent access to freeways and the Sky Harbor airport. The overall project is a 47-acre mixed-use development with ±1.3 million square feet of retailers and restaurants adjacent to Tempe Marketplace with Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites on-site. The Boyer Company has been in business for nearly 50 years and employs product specialists for each real estate use. Boyer is able to excel in all project sizes, uses, and timelines due to the experience of the executive team, the project managers, construction managers, company banking and accounting infrastructure, and our patient investment horizons. Boyer has vast experience partnering with talented architects, construction companies, engineers, etc.. to create sophisticated and quality office space.
- Residential and Multifamily Developments In Boyer’s recent history, residential and multifamily projects have propelled us to be a premier master-planned developer in Utah. The Boyer Company partners with esteemed home builders to create community-conscious infrastructure with energy-efficient technologies and unique aesthetic appeal. Our experience ranges from large 680+ acres housing/community development to various apartment buildings to a 21-story downtown luxury apartment structure. Boyer prides itself in creating safe, cohesive, sustainable, and long-lasting living communities for families and individuals. Boyer’s reputable portfolio of master-planned residential communities in Utah includes Holbrook Farms, a large residential community located off the 2100 N exit in Lehi. It is a massive joint project with Ivory Homes spanning 686 acres in Lehi, Utah. The project consists of 2,200+ residential units, 210 acres of commercial land, and 70 acres of open space. In addition to providing a variety of premier home types, there will be shops, restaurants, parks, and trails, all under on-going development. The success of Holbrook Farms serves as a development model for other projects because of quality design and construction, flow, beauty, and customer satisfaction. The Boyer Company is the Air Force’s partner at Hill Air Force Base located near Layton, Utah. This partnership includes an eight-year initial development period for the design, development, construction, operations, and maintenance of 1,020 units spread over six distinct housing areas. Following the award in April 2005 Boyer was able to negotiate and close within five months of notification. The scope demonstrated the breadth of the Boyer team’s development capabilities by delivering 437 new units, 134 enhanced renovations, 428 minor renovations, and 14 historic renovations. Boyer provided the equity funding, bond financing, and overall development plan necessary to launch this successful project. Additionally, Boyer reduced the cost per unit by almost $50,000 through increased efficiency and planning.
- Retail and Mixed-Use Development Boyer retail projects are distinguished by quality design and construction, high visibility and easy access, a strong mix of retailers, and ongoing care from an in-house property management team. Boyer’s projects and experience ranges from neighborhood grocery-anchored centers to large mixed-use projects. Projects such as The Commons at Sugar House in Salt Lake City, Redstone in Park City, and Draper Peaks are representative of Boyer’s experience and ability to create successful retail projects.
Retail Development ServicesThe Boyer Company is well-positioned to successfully deliver large-scale projects based upon its experience and relationships within the capital markets. An excellent example of the firm’s capacity is The Gateway, a mixed-use redevelopment project on the west side of Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. This massive project included retail space, six office buildings, and multi-family living, all totaling over 2,000,000 square feet on 40 acres of land.
- School Land Development Projects Boyer’s education development experience began in the mid-1970s when it acquired a building and remodeled it for the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind. More recently, Boyer has become an active player in the Charter School development arena. Boyer’s first charter school was completed in Las Vegas in 2012, since then, Boyer has contracted and developed 30 more campuses. The schools vary from Elementary to Secondary and encompass a broad array of management styles.
Developing Land For SchoolsThe Boyer Company has developed over 660,000 square feet of school space in Utah, Nevada, and California. In many of these projects, project managers have been able to use their development expertise to deliver a school on a low cost-basis that gives them flexibility and sustainability for future operations. Furthermore, Boyer is held to a high standard in delivering schools on time considering the nature of a strict timeline when schools are in session. The Boyer Company has a long-standing track record of completing projects through public-private partnerships.
- New Development The Boyer Company continues to expand its portfolio by developing and constructing several exciting new projects throughout the country. New projects range from government to industrial to office space. Projects are either under construction or will be in the next two years. Despite hard economic times and different markets, the Boyer Company proves itself capable of remaining a leader in commercial real estate growth.